Australia Visa | ETA Visa
What is an ETA?
An ETA is equivalent to a visa, but there is no stamp or label in your passport and there is no need for you to visit an Australian diplomatic office to submit an application. Applications for ETAs can be submitted through travel agents or airlines.
Now, you can also submit applications directly through this web site by clicking on the Apply for ETA button and, in most cases, we will be able to approve your ETA in less than 30 seconds.
In a small number of cases, if your ETA cannot be approved immediately, you will need to check back in 12 hours to confirm whether your application has been successful. You can also check your ETA status, if you applied through this site, by clicking on the Check your ETA button.
The ETA is issued electronically by a computer system operated for the Department of Immigration And Citizenship (DIAC) of Australia.
When an application for an ETA is submitted through this site, all you need to do is enter the details from your passport and your credit card information. The application is processed immediately.
Approved applications are electronically recorded on Australian Government systems.
When you arrive at an airport for check-in on a flight to Australia, the airline check-in staff can electronically confirm that you have authority to board the flight to Australia.
Australian ETA Visa Conditions
- Each visa is valid for 12 months from date of issue and allows you to stay in Australia for Up To 3 months per visit.
- Multiple entries permitted on each eta visa within the 12 months.
- There is NO visa stamp in your passport.
- ETA Visas (evisas) are NOT transferrable
- You cannot apply for an ETA Visitor Visa while you are in Australia.
- You must not work... You must not earn any income from any company within Australia. You can earn money from companies IF you are paid outside of Australia.